Hi there! Welcome to Currently, where we share with each other what we are Currently up to and let you share your post through the link-up below. We love this link-up, where we can make new friends and build community. Join us.
Thinking about // Community, family, fellow mothers. I shared a post on Facebook and people said that they were confused about why I was sharing it -- did I agree with it or disagree with it?
And honestly, I didn't have an answer. I disagreed with parts of it, but what's new? I agreed with other parts of it because it really helped me to think that maybe my life and our circumstances take a little analyzing.
But overall? I just really want to change my mindset about my children. I don't want to think of them as a financial burden or think that I HAVE to work in order for them to feel like they can do fun things in their lives.
I think sometimes I take advantage of our financial situation because I work. Instead, I want to save for the future because I work. I want to be smart with our money, and cook at home, and do the steps it takes to be financially in a better place so that I could, if I wanted, stay home with the kids. I want to be smarter, and that's what that post made me think about.
I want to be present to them, in whatever capacity I can, now. I know that I am physically away from them three days a week, but dang I'm home with them four days. I want to be smart and know that my work brings good things -- not just eating out every day (my goodness, I'm like addicted to not cooking dinners) -- I want my work to provide for opportunities for the future.
And I'm a great mother, despite what I look like to others who think that I'm not because I'm not with my kids at the park.
Reading // I think I need to read some faith books. I'm feeling doubt swarm in my heart, and it takes everything inside of me to keep the faith and keep going. Any suggestions, dear friends?
Thankful for // Great friends who I can be real with. Friends who remind me that great mothers come in all shapes and perspectives. Sweet babies that never cease to love on me and make my heart sing.
- Schedule out at least three posts for the next two weeks. I need to get back to being more on top of things on this space. // Major fail! Dang it. This week, for sure :)
- Cook at least three meals at home this week. // Let's do a restart on this one, too?
- Find a book and read the first two chapters. // You're helping me find a book, remember?
- Get my plane ticket for the Influence Conference.
- Get posts done for Blessed is She.
- Do Last Week's! My goodness.
Linked with The Nectar Collective's Weekly Wishes.
CURRENTLY LINK-UP RULES
1. Link your Currently post below! Entries unrelated to the theme will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can join on this adventure with us. You can grab the button below:
3. The link up starts on Mondays, but you can join any day of the week!
4. *THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE* We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of women and friends. :) Comment on the blog post directly before yours to help support and get to know each other. If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.
If you are interested in co-hosting, check out our Sponsor page or email Jenna at info(at)amamacollective(dot)com to get on the list!
Here’s the template for you to copy and paste and do a post as well — link up with us below!
Every Monday, I've loved going to a link up Week's End over at Oak and Oats! It is a place for you to link up your favorite post from the week and meet new bloggers. I love community and think that we can all learn something from each other! This week, I am so thrilled to be cohosting with Elizabeth! If you are wanting to join the co-host line up, you can sign up here and use code: WEEKSEND for 25% off any Oak + Oats packages.
Jenna is the founder of A Mama Collective, where she and fellow contributors write about life, mothering, community and everything in between (like recipes and cute fashion and sick babies and parenting fails). You know, real life kind of stuff.
- Link up ANY POST from last week!
- Make sure it is a POST and not your BLOG URL. We love your blog but we want you to share a post.
- Click on one, two, three, or more posts and LEAVE ENCOURAGING COMMENTS. The whole point of this is to find new blogs, make new friends, and all that good stuff! You MUST read the post right before yours and comment.
- Follow Oak + Oats and A Mama Collective
In between tweeting, reading books to my daughters, and [not] burning mac n cheese, I am the Founder + Creative Director of Blessed is She women's ministry + community.