The GroVia Hybrid System, according to GroVia's site, "combines the industry’s most innovative (and cute!) waterproof cloth diaper shells with a super-flexible suite of absorbency layers – including both cloth and disposable options. Finally, parents are free to use earth- and baby-friendly diapering approaches that fit any lifestyle. From travel, to daycare, to time at home, hybrid cloth diapers have you covered."
Pictured below is the GroVia Shell in Blackberry and Mandarin. The outside is a TPU (100% waterproof material):
The inside is 100% Polyester Mesh:
Photographed inside the GroVia shell is a cotton prefold (different than the GroVia bamboo/organic cotton prefolds). I just wanted to show what it looks like to have a prefold cloth diaper folded in the shell.
Every time baby pees or poos, you just replace the prefold on the inside and place a new one inside the shell, as long as the shell didn't get soiled with poo.
The GroVia Shell fit my newborn at 5 days old and my 2 year old AT THE SAME TIME!
Here is my no-longer-newborn baby as well as my 2 year old in the same shell:
- no PUL touching baby
- crossover snap on the wings (was able to be used at 9 lbs without gaping)
- easy to wipe off poo or anything that gets on cover
- one-size (we experienced 9lbs-32lbs)
- fun colors and prints
- excellent quality
- narrow crotch (especially narrower than Flip system)
- easily and quickly put on baby - NO FUSS and "husband-approved"
- easy, lightweight system for travel (just bringing a replacement flat or prefold and you're good to go!)
- bulkier than a pocket diaper due to two-part system
- prefold or flat can shift around underneath cover, so poo and pee can easily get onto cover and cannot be re-used
- price ($16.95)